To celebrate Heritage Open Day on Sept. 11th, Fetcham Park is looking for budding artists
To celebrate Heritage Open Day, Fetcham Park is looking for budding artists of all ages to enter The Greatorex Prize.
On Sunday, September 11th, 2016, 2:30-5pm, Fetcham Park will open its doors to the public as part of Heritage Open Days, the UK’s biggest heritage festival.
To mark the occasion, we are looking for budding artists of all ages to take part in The Greatorex Prize, a competition reflecting this year’s theme – the Year of the English Garden. A winner in each category will receive a £25 voucher for Barton’s Bookshop in Leatherhead, and 3 runners-up in each category will receive a voucher for £5.
The Greatorex Prize
Named in memory of local school teacher ‘Granny Greatorex’ who lived at Fetcham Park in the early 1980s and taught at nearby Oakfield Junior School, the Greatorex Prize is split into three categories.
Ages 3-7 years
In keeping with this year’s garden theme and inspired by the current Dutch Flowers exhibition at the National Gallery, we have created a flowery outline ready for you to colour in.
To enter, simply download the outline from our website, colour it in, and send to us at the address below.
Ages 8-18 and adults
Formal, parterre style garden designs were popular in the 1700s and were once seen in the grounds of Fetcham Park.
We are challenging you to design your own parterre style garden fit for an English stately home.
Here are some examples for inspiration.
Closing date and how to enter
The competition closing date is midday on September 9th, 2016. Full T&Cs apply (see below).
Entries are to be sent to: Victoria Stanton, Fetcham Park, Lower Rd, Fetcham KT22 9HD.
Please include your name, age, address and contact email.
Entries will be judged by historian Vivien White and artist Pip Moon, an ancestor of the Hankey family who resided at Fetcham Park for 138 years.
Artwork will be displayed at the Open Day for visitors to see from 2:30pm – 5pm.
We look forward to welcoming you to Fetcham Park on Sunday 11th September for Heritage Open Day.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Competition Terms & Conditions
- The promoter is: Fetcham Park Limited (company no. 09493002), part of The Wilky Group Limited (company no. 1032278).
- Employees of Fetcham Park, The Wilky Group or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are via https://www.fetchampark.co.uk/blog/competition
- Closing date for entry will be midday on Saturday 9th September 2016. After this date no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows: a).Only one entry per winner b). Overall winner in each category (3 winners) receives £25 voucher for Barton’s Bookshop in Leatherhead c). One runner-up in each category (3 runners up) will receive a £5 voucher for Barton’s Bookshop in Leatherhead d). Name, age, address and contact email to be included on each entry e). Entries will not be returned to participants unless requested in writing.
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Winners will be chosen: at random from all entries received and verified by Promoter and or its agents.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter within 28 days of the closing date. Please include name, age, address and a contact email on your entry. If the winner cannot be contacted or do not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected and/or posted. Fetcham Park/The Wilky Group Limited accept no responsibility for the loss of prize due to postage via Royal Mail.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.