The Fetcham Park Story
The idea of opening Fetcham Park up for public events took shape during the preparations for my own wedding. Like most couples, I knew I had to start with the venue.
Having been adamant that I wasn’t going to marry at Fetcham Park because my family always hosted celebrations there, I soon realised just how special a place it is when I began visiting other venues.
My reasons for choosing Fetcham as our wedding venue would have been the same regardless of whether we owned the house or not: it would be ours exclusively for the day, I could work with suppliers of my choice and I could manage the costs and keep to our budget.
My wedding was the perfect opportunity to experience a wide range of suppliers and make notes about who I’d want to work with when I launched the new business. I knew that I could only recommend people that I’d be confident working with myself.
I wanted to go through every part of the process with suppliers, from initial meetings and quotes, to managing and finalising plans and experiencing their service on the day. Even with my background in marketing and event planning, it was a steep learning curve as I soon realised that the wedding world can be a bit murky. Why, for instance, would some suppliers itemise VAT and others not? Why did it feel like I always had to be one-step ahead to ensure I got the service I expected?
Given the sums and expectations involved, I began to question whether it could be managed differently.
My principle for Fetcham Park is the same one that has guided my family’s business for over sixty years, one that I get endlessly teased for repeating but it’s never let me down: I will only work with people that I know, love and trust! As such, you can rely on the Fetcham Park Difference to ensure that:
1. You deal with the same team throughout your planning; from your first viewing through to your wedding day, you will be working with the same dedicated members of Fetcham Park staff.
2. Laura Loves, our version of a recommended supplier list, is available to all our clients and we will endeavour to make suggestions based on what we believe will best suit your style and budget.
3. We do not endorse or recommend suppliers that we haven’t worked with.
4.We do not take commissions from any of our suppliers, meaning that you will not be paying extra for any services, nor will there be any incentive for us to ‘sell’ to you. Suppliers are also not charged for being featured in Laura Loves.
5. Other than our caterers, you are free to work with any supplier of your choice.
6. There are no ‘set packages’, each wedding is truly bespoke.
7. There is no ‘minimum spend’.
8. We do not charge corkage.
9.You can purchase from our wine supplier at trade prices, sale or return, with free delivery and a complimentary tasting so that you can match wines to your menu.
10. Our pricing is transparent and as concise as possible so that you can plan your day, your way, with a full understanding of the costs involved.
11. VAT is always included in any venue price we quote.
12. To help make payment as easy as possible you can pay by cheque, credit card or online transfer and to help manage your budget, you also have the option to pay the balance by monthly direct debit.
We can do this because we are an owner-managed venue, so can afford to have a greater investment in our clients. We care about every detail – whether it’s saving the cork from the bottle of champagne you first sipped from as husband and wife or packing up the bride’s belongings in the dressing room so she doesn’t have to at the end of the night, we really do like to try and think of everything!
We care about our buildings and we care about your wedding. There will always be cheaper alternatives but I truly believe Fetcham Park offers value for money and something very special. Our lovingly run events will ensure that everything about your celebration is bespoke, from your menu to the placement of furniture on the day.
On your wedding day, you are the main act. Fetcham Park’s supporting role is to provide a spectacular backdrop for you and your guests to enjoy as your own home for the day. With a little bit of care and attention, we can help you create a truly memorable wedding and we take pride in being different from other pretty houses.